One of the top antivirus programs is created by Avast. To keep your security up to date, it offers frequent upgrades. You gain extra functions, such as web and email scanners, with the premium version.
How Can I Completely Uninstall Avast On Windows 10, some individuals, have discovered a superior antivirus or discovered that Windows Defender is quite dependable on its own. They are prompted by this to remove Avast antivirus software from their computer.
The proper way to remove Avast is through the program and features window. The Avast uninstaller is subsequently launched, and the removal is carried out. Antivirus removal is not as straightforward as program removal, though.
Video: How to uninstall avast antivirus in windows 10
HOW CAN I COMPLETELY UNINSTALL AND REMOVE AVAST ON WINDOWS 10?
Digital signatures that restrict editing to the ‘trusted installer’ (in this case, Avast security) are used to safeguard antivirus files. You must supply the signatures during the uninstall process in order to finish the removal.
How Can I Completely Uninstall Avast On Windows 10
To finish the uninstallation, Avast security installs a phony operating system. The user will then be compelled to restart their computer in safe mode. Avast becomes the default operating system because it was the last to be installed. Upon restarting the machine, the Avast OS loads, and the windows are launched in safe mode.
The uninstaller, the registry keys, and a few files are then all that is left when Avast has finished entirely removing itself. Even if your antivirus won’t function anymore, you still need to finish uninstalling it by getting rid of any leftover files on the avast application.
How to uninstall Avast Antivirus Windows 10?
1. Release the Windows Settings menu. To access the Settings menu, open the Start menu.
2. Click on “Apps & features.” Go down and click on the Apps option.
3. Try to locate Avast. Type Avast into the search bar under “Apps & Features.”
4. Follow the prompts to confirm the uninstallation with User Account Control after clicking Uninstall.
5. Remove it (or put it into standby mode)…
6. Check with Avast to be sure.
Avast has largely been removed from the system, but some files are still present. Users have expressed dissatisfaction that these files continue to make the antivirus active.
Avast antivirus pop-ups can still be displayed requesting upgrades, which irritates users who believed that the uninstall Avast antivirus was complete.
How can one permanently delete all antivirus remnant files? We’ll share a few tried-and-true techniques with you so you can successfully uninstall your antivirus software and stop pop-up ads.
4 WAYS TO COMPLETELY REMOVE AND UNINSTALL AVAST
1. Deleting the Temporary Avast OS and removing Avast as the default operating system
Avast builds a little operating system during uninstallation that it utilizes to remove files. The operating system does not appear to uninstall itself when your machine has restarted once it is finished.
The default operating system cannot be removed, which is the cause of this. During PC startup, you can see the Avast OS choice. If you leave it as the default operating system, your computer can keep restarting in safe mode.
You can change your default operating system back to Windows with this option. After you’re done, this will enable the Avast antivirus to remove any leftover files.
- To open the Run window, use the Start/Windows key plus R.
- To open the advanced system properties window, enter sysdm.cpl in the Run textbox and press Enter.
- Select the Advanced tab. Select Settings from the Startup and Recovery menu.
- The dropdown option for selecting the default operating system can be found underneath “Default Operating System.” Select the preferred option, then click OK to save your changes.
- To launch Run, press the Windows key + R.
- Enter the MSConfig command.
- Open the Boot tab in the system configuration window.
- Click on the Avast operating system to select it, and then click the remove button. permit deletion
- Switch off your computer.
- Your computer will now boot normally, and Avast will successfully remove any remaining files.
When your computer starts up, you can also change the default operating system by pressing ESC, F10, or F12, depending on your computer for avast free antivirus. You can choose to set the default operating system and get a list of all installed operating systems. If yours is broken, you can locate the Avast uninstall tool.
2. Use Avast Clear
The Avast makers themselves developed Avastclear, a user-friendly utility made exclusively to uninstall any and all Avast products installed on a computer windows vista.
To get Avastclear, click here. You will be prompted automatically to run the tool in Safe Mode. Launch the Avastclear executable.
To uninstall an Avast product or avast uninstall utility, follow the on-screen directions and navigate to the location where it was installed. (Leave it at default if you haven’t used a custom folder.) Select Remove. When your computer boots up after a restart, Avastclear will be fully uninstalled.
You can remove Avastclear from your computer once you’ve finished using it.
3. Use the ESET Antivirus Remover tool
You can use the ESET Antivirus Remover utility in place of Avastclear if it fails to completely remove Avast from your computer, which is highly uncommon, or if you simply don’t want to use Avastclear.
- Almost every antivirus and anti-malware program on the market, including all Avast programs, may be removed using the ESET Antivirus Remover application.
- Run the utility after installing it. Allow the ESET Antivirus Remover utility to scan your computer for any previously installed security software by clicking Continue. Select all of the Avast programs you want to remove from your computer when the scan’s results are displayed, then click Remove.
- Click Remove in the appearing warning popup to confirm your decision. Await the notice “Applications successfully deleted” that the tool will then display. You can now shut down the utility after the applications you chose have been deleted.
- Once Avast has been removed from your computer, you can remove the ESET Antivirus Remover.
- Restarting your computer may be necessary before, during, or after the uninstalling procedure.
- Simply go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP, Vista, or 7), Control Panel > Programs and Features (Windows 8 and 8.1), or Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 10) and make sure that there aren’t any Avast programs left in the list. This will ensure that whatever method you used actually succeeded in completely uninstalling Avast from your computer.
4. Manually remove trustworthy installer files
You will need to manually remove the Avast files if option 1 does not get rid of the pop-ups from Avast. Using this technique, you’ll be able to take control of trusted installer files and remove them:
- Navigate to the following directory: C:ProgramDataAVAST SoftwareAvast.
- To access the Properties menu, right-click on the file or folder you want to delete.
- After that, select the Security tab and then, at the bottom, click the Advanced button.
- You can now see that TrustedInstaller is the current owner by clicking the Owner tab.
- Then select either your account or the Administrators as the new owner by clicking on the Edit button. We advise only selecting Administrators if your account is an administrator account.
- To save the new owner, click OK. To close the file/folder properties window, keep clicking OK.
- Go back and remove these files and folders
- Do the same for other files and directories.
- Visit this place (copy-paste it into your address bar and press enter) Find all Avast-related files in %windir%WinSxS and remove them by following steps 2 through 7.
- Visit this place Find all Avast-related files in %windir%WinSxSManifests and remove them by following steps 2 through 7.
- Switch off your computer.
Taking control of trusted owner files is not advised, but you can just delete them if you are certain you won’t use them again. This should only be your last option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I unable to remove Avast Antivirus?
Tip: Disable Self-Defense settings in Avast Antivirus by going to Settings > General > Troubleshooting and unticking Enable Self-Defense if uninstalling using the Command Prompt doesn’t work. Then attempt the Command Prompt uninstall once more.
Do I need to uninstall Avast from my computer?
If removing Avast Secure Browser from your computer using the Start menu did not succeed or you see the setup is already starting warning, we advise using the Avast Uninstall Tool. Reminder: Uninstalling the browser does not instantly terminate your paid subscription to Avast Secure Browser.
Is it okay to remove Avast antivirus software?
Are viruses Avast Antivirus?
Avast is a reliable antivirus program that offers a respectable level of security defense. The free edition has a ton of features but doesn’t offer ransomware protection. You must upgrade to one of the paid solutions if you want premium protection.