How to remove virus from a computer without antivirus? There are numerous ways for viruses to get into your computer, including USB devices, internet browsing, and installing malicious software.
Can Viruses Be Removed From A Computer Without An Antivirus, numerous security risks can be triggered by this malware. They may also damage the system files. Therefore, it’s always better to use a reliable antivirus program.
However, a large number of people prefer not to install an antivirus program. Because a yearly subscription is typically required for antivirus software. Although there are free antivirus programs for Windows computer virus, they don’t provide as much security as paid programs.
HOW TO RID COMPUTERS OF VIRUSES WITHOUT ANTIVIRUS? (10 Methods!)
Can Viruses Be Removed From A Computer Without An Antivirus
Therefore, you must use internet virus scanners if you want a free solution. The best ways to remove viruses from computers without using antivirus software are discussed in this article.
1. Understand the appropriate app
We typically install a lot of apps on our Windows security 10 computers without taking security risks into account. The latest software microsoft windows you installed could be to blame for the infection that is harming your computer experience.
Therefore, it is better to identify the offender before taking further action. You can uninstall any recently installed program from the Control Panel. Once more, be careful to remove the program from Startup.
2. Enter Safe Mode and disable startup apps
We all know that we are embracing new technologies as time goes on. Therefore, modern viruses and spyware are so sophisticated that they can conceal themselves from the Task Manager or the Startup.
Therefore, start the computer in safe mode if you can’t find the program on the startup list or task manager. Restart your computer while holding down the F8 key continually.
You will now see a new window from which you must choose “Safe Mode.” Once in safe mode, stop any potential applications from starting and remove it from the Control Panel.
3. Use the Command Prompt to Remove Computer Viruses
So, you’ll need to use Command Prompt if you can’t get rid of the virus-containing software using the control panel. Here, we’ll use CMD to get rid of the virus-infected software.
- First, select Start and then type cmd. Next, choose Run as administrator by performing a right-click on a cmd icon. The command prompt window will now open. Choose the drive where the virus flash drive needs to be removed.
- Let D be the drive. So, enter the command “dir D: attrib -s -h /s /d *. *” now.
- The command prompt will now load all of the data on your device and explore the drive you specified.
- Now use the command to rename any strange file.exe or autorun.inf that you find (rename filename.extension new filename)
I’m done now! Your drives can now be accessed without risk of virus infection.
4) In Task Manager, disabling suspicious services
- First, start the task manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE, then go to the services area and stop any questionable services there of anti virus software.
- Start MSConfig from the new task at this point.
- Go to the service tab in the MSConfig box and uncheck any questionable or undesired services that you may have installed, whether you realize it or not, based on your assumption that they are linked to that service.
- Go to the “Startup” tab on the following tab now. Look through any suspicious or undesirable files; you can locate the suspected file’s path beneath the command section.
Now open the command prompt, navigate to the questionable file’s location, and use CMD to modify the attribute of the file as described in the first way. only remove the file from there after that.
5. Scanning Your Files Using an Online Scanner
It is possible to quickly identify viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other types of malware with the help of the free tool VirusTotal, which examines suspicious files and URLs.
- Use your preferred browser to navigate to www.virustotal.com.
- You must now use Virustotal to scan the suspicious files. (Maximum size: 128 MB)
- You may scan a specific URL or even the entire website with Virustotal. You only need to type your suspected URL under “URL” in the virus windows startup total for that. After choosing the files or URL, you must click the “Scan it” button.
6. Using Metadefender Online Scanner
One of the most well-known programs and threat intelligence platforms is Metadefender, which allows you to select a file up to 140MB in size and perform online scans.
- You must first use your web browser to access the Metadefender Online Scanner page.
- You must now choose the file you want to scan.
- It will display the details of the threat if the file you have chosen contains malware flash drive or a virus.
7. VirSCAN use
A FREE online scan service called VirSCAN.org uses antivirus engines listed in the VirSCAN list to check uploaded files for viruses.
When you upload files, you want to be tested so that you can see the results of the scan and how risky and destructive (or not) such files are for your computer.
- You must first go to Virscan.org in your computer browser.
- The next step is to select the file you wish to scan and press the “Scan” button.
- You must now wait a short while till the scanning is complete.
- You will now see the whole scan results along with the file type and scanner name.
8. Using Kaspersky VirusDesk
Using the same antivirus and reputation database as Kaspersky Lab’s antivirus so windows update products, Kaspersky VirusDesk similarly performs file virus definition scans.
It alerts you to potential hazards and provides in-depth details about them. So let’s look at how to remove viruses from computers without the assistance of antivirus software using Kaspersky VirusDesk.
This internet service can scan files up to 50MB in size. Create a.zip file out of all the files you wish to scan if you have more than one.
- You must first go to the Kaspersky Virus Desk website on your Windows PC.
- You will now see a screen asking you to drag and drop items or paste links into the scan box before pressing the scan button.
- Typically, scanning takes less than two minutes. So, give the site a few minutes to scan.
- When finished, the screen below will appear. Well, Kaspersky VirusDesk will let you know if it discovers any malware or virus definition.
9. Making use of NoDistribute
In essence, NoDistribute is a robust online scanner that enables users to upload files for simultaneous scanning by over 35 different antivirus engines. Users will be able to view each antivirus engine’s result page after the scan is finished.
- First, open you virus removal web browser and go to nodistribute.com. A neat user interface will appear as seen below.
- Here, you must select “Choose File” from the menu. The file you want to scan should be browsed in antivirus protection.
- After that, click the “Scan File” option and wait a short while for the website to upload your file.
- You will then get the outcomes from 35 different antivirus engines virus attack.
You’re all done now! This is how No Distribute works to scan and identify contaminated files from within your web browser.
10. Using Jotti
You can use Jotti, another free program if you think the downloaded file is infected with malware or viruses. One of the more capable quick scan scanners, it supports 20 different antivirus engines. Simply browse through the file you wish to scan, and it will do so instantly.
- Visit Jotti’s malware scan webpage from here to get started, and you’ll get a screen similar to the one below.
- The “Browse” button must now be clicked in the following step as seen in the below image.
- Now, depending on the file size, wait a few seconds.
- The results from 20 various search engines will now be displayed to you. I have scanned the JPG file below and it is virus-free on suspicious service.
You’re all done now! Jotti can be used in this manner to scan and identify malicious files right from your web browser.
HOW DO COMPUTERS GET VIRUSES ON THEM?
Learning how computers acquire viruses and avoiding that is one technique to lower the chance of a malware infestation. There are various ways a virus might infect your computer:
- Your computer may become infected with malware infection if you download files from dubious sources. Most websites that encourage the theft of music, video, games, and software are infested with malware infection.
- By opening any attachments from spam emails, you run the risk of infecting your computer with malware.
- When you click on ads and pop-up notifications, malware might potentially be downloaded into your computer.
- If you connect an infected peripheral device (such as a USB drive or an external hard disk system file), your system may become infected with viruses.
- Your computer may become infected by viruses on unsecure networks if you connect to them.
Conclusion: Remove virus from a computer without antivirus
As we have shown, it is possible to clean a computer of a virus without the use of antivirus software.
The best way to prevent downloading a virus is to take preventative measures, such as always using the most recent versions of your operating system and other applications and never opening attachments from unknown sources.
When antivirus software isn’t an option, there are still ways to get rid of viruses, such as utilizing a Linux live disc or USB drive to scan and delete infected files.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove a virus from Windows 10 without antivirus?
Open the Control Panel, select Windows Defender Firewall, and then turn it on. Step 2: To get rid of the virus, use the ‘Virus & Threat Protection’ option. You may simply eliminate infections thanks to a built-in Windows function.
Can a computer with a virus be fixed?
After being discovered and eliminated, certain computer viruses and other harmful software tend to reinstall themselves. Fortunately, you may assist in completely removing unwanted software by updating the computer and employing malicious software removal programs.
How can I tell if I have a virus?
If you have a viral illness, your symptoms will normally last less time and will typically include fever, chills, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose, cough, and frequently, body aches. Frequently, the symptoms remain for three days to a week at most and then gradually improve over time.